If you’ve been listening to the Insane Growth podcast from the beginning, you’ve heard me say time and again that, when I started my first company back in the early 2000s, I knew absolutely nothing about marketing.
If I’m being completely honest, my approach back then was to simply mimic whatever my competitors were doing in order to gain some exposure and traction for my business.
(Spoiler alert: It didn’t work.)
While my product was definitely high in quality and value, and the customers who did hop on board had nothing but great things to say about my brand, I quickly realized that this “copycat” approach would never allow me to reach the level of success I had hoped for.
Though there are a ton of reasons as to why this is, they ultimately boil down to one major overarching issue:
By focusing on merely copying my competition’s marketing strategies, I simply fit into my niche instead of standing out in my industry. Put another way, my target audience merely saw my company of one of a million—not one in a million.
(Needless to say, this is not the correct path to take if you want to spur your company to seven-figure growth.)
Flashing forward to today, my approach to marketing has certainly evolved—and with it, so too have the numerous companies I’ve founded ever since. Not only that, but my evolved approach to marketing has enabled me to generate a massive following of loyal customers who consistently return to me whenever they’re in need of my assistance.
And it’s all thanks to my adoption of the PASO Framework.
The “PASO” Framework To Hit 7 Figures
In this article of the Insane Growth podcast, I explain exactly what the PASO Framework is, why it’s so effective, and how you can implement it within your own marketing initiatives.
While I go much deeper in the podcast, here I’ll provide a simple explanation of the four “stages” of the PASO Framework:
- Problem: In order to successfully market your product or service to your target audience, you need to have a true understanding of the problem or obstacle they face.
- Agitate: Once you’ve figured out what their problem is, you need to be sure your target customers see it, as well. More importantly, you need to ensure they understand the implications of not facing the problem head on (using your solution, of course).
- Social Proof: To immediately gain the trust of prospective customers, you’ll want to use evidence from your current customer base to show just how effective your solution is.
- Outcome: You also want to make clear to your potential clients how their lives will improve once they’ve solved their problem (again, through the use of your solution).
While the immediate impact of using the PASO Framework (i.e., generating higher-quality leads, decreasing resistance and friction, increasing sales, and so on) may be a bit obvious, it’s also worth noting that this all allows you to use your time, money, and energy more efficiently, as well. In turn, you can reinvest the resources you would have spent marketing into other areas of your business (i.e., ensuring your product is leaps and bounds ahead of your competitors’ in terms of quality).
Having a killer product is one thing, as is having a killer approach to marketing. When the two come together, though, there’s no stopping you from hitting the seven-figure mark—and beyond.
- Lead Generation Machine: My (currently closed) course in which I explain how to automate the process of consistently generating high-quality leads.
Subscribe & Review the Insane Growth Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Insane Growth podcast! If this episode has helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave me an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help me reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!
In this FREE preview of Insane Growth founder Mitchell Harper's upcoming book Accelerant, you're going to learn:
- How to architect your ideal life in crystal-clear detail, so you know exactly what you want
- The mindset secrets that will 10x your business while you work 80% fewer hours
- Strategies to maximize profits and dramatically increase the value of your business