A few episodes ago, I talked about some of the key lessons I’ve learned over the past 18 or so years about running a company and being an entrepreneur.
In that episode of the Insane Growth podcast (Ep #10: 8 Lessons I learned Starting a $100M/Year Company), I discuss some of the things I’ve done that have helped me succeed, such as:
- Staying focused on my mission
- Ignoring my competition
- Going all-in with my businesses
But I mention one other thing that I believe has been the main reason I’ve been able to grow multiple companies to nine figures:
Being the face of your brand.
There are so many reasons that being the face of your brand is so effective:
- It enables you to stand out from your “faceless” competitors
- It allows you to directly engage and connect with your target audience
- It helps you build trust amongst these individuals
And there’s another major reason why I’m such a huge believer in being the face of your brand.
(Hint: It has to do with recognizability.)
In this episode of the Insane Growth podcast, I take you back through my entrepreneurial journey.
This time, though, I focus squarely on how I worked to become the face of the companies I’ve founded, from DevArticles to BigCommerce. Specifically, I talk about how I became the face of each company by creating content tailored to my target audiences’ needs—and created huge followings in the process.
Throughout the podcast, I:
- Discuss the challenges that come with being the face of your brand (and the negative impacts of not being so)
- Talk about best practices and actionable tips for becoming the face of your brand
- Provide examples of companies and individuals who have perfected the art of being the face of their brand
As I mentioned above, becoming known as the face of your brand allows you to build a strong sense of trust amongst your target audience. By the end of this episode, I’ll show you why this this sense of trust is even more valuable than you might think.
- Facebook Live: This podcast episode is actually a replay for a recent Facebook Live broadcast
- YouTube: At BigCommerce, I used YouTube to publish how-to videos that helped us get 1,000,000 views and 9,800 customers in our first year of business
- Instagram: The popular social media platform offers a variety of ways to engage with your audience
- Twitter: Another social media platform where you can build a tremendously loyal following
- Snapchat: The ephemeral content-sharing platform lets you get creative as you grow your following
- LinkedIn: A professional social media platform that also allows users to publish their own content (which I use along with Medium
- Medium: A publishing platform I use to share my experiences as an entrepreneur
- Seeking Wisdom: A podcast hosted by Drift’s David Cancel and Dave Gerhardt
Subscribe & Review the Insane Growth Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Insane Growth podcast! If this episode has helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave me an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help me reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!
In this FREE preview of Insane Growth founder Mitchell Harper's upcoming book Accelerant, you're going to learn:
- How to architect your ideal life in crystal-clear detail, so you know exactly what you want
- The mindset secrets that will 10x your business while you work 80% fewer hours
- Strategies to maximize profits and dramatically increase the value of your business