As I’ve begun to put a bow on the year and call 2018 a wrap, I’ve also started reflecting on how the year went for me from a professional standpoint.
On the one hand, I saw my company experience 786% growth over the course of the year—obviously not a bad thing. On the other hand, though, I definitely recalled a few things I could have done better, as well.
Now, the point of bringing all this up isn’t to dissect every step I took (whether forward or backward) over the course of the year.
What I want to talk about today are the principles I followed throughout the year (and the rest of my career) that have enabled me to experience such success in the first place.
See, the decisions we make—whether in business or in life—are never arbitrary. Each one is based, at least in some way, on the underlying principles we live by and operate on.
That said, it’s important that you operate under the principles of business that will bring you to make the right decision for your business not just once, but over and over again. Essentially, by sticking to these principles, you make every decision you face a no-brainer: Because you always know which metaphorical “direction” to take at any given moment, you’ll easily be able to know where to go moving forward.
Unpacking the idea that “attention is the new currency” could, of course, take hours (at the very least).
Rather than wax philosophical for hours on end, I thought that the best way to explain exactly what I mean is to show you how this approach has helped me grow my own companies from the ground up.
In this episode, I discuss:
- How I’ve generated and intensified attention in different ways across my 8 companies since 2001
- How YOU can start getting attention which you can then turn into revenue quickly
- The transferable—and seemingly infinite—nature of attention in a world filled with short attention spans
I also touch on some of the best practices for creating marketing and advertising content that generates not just “any” kind of attention, but the kind of attention that leads to a measurable life in sales.
And, as a bit of a wrap up, I pose a powerful question to help guide your approach to marketing—and to running your business—throughout the year.
- Insane Growth Masterclass: The 7-Figure Funnel: How To Rapidly Scale Your Business Using Paid Marketing
Subscribe & Review the Insane Growth Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Insane Growth podcast! If this episode has helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave me an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help me reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!
In this FREE preview of Insane Growth founder Mitchell Harper's upcoming book Accelerant, you're going to learn:
- How to architect your ideal life in crystal-clear detail, so you know exactly what you want
- The mindset secrets that will 10x your business while you work 80% fewer hours
- Strategies to maximize profits and dramatically increase the value of your business